Monday, March 14, 2011

Discover (2/2)

Jae stay put on his feet after Yunho closed the door. He stood there in this thinking position; rested his head on this thumb and index fingers which are supported by his left arm. He desperately needs to find out the reason why Yunho has been out of space. He knows that it is affecting Yunho's studies and life, and more importantly, it is affecting him as well. He stood still thinking but nothing came to him. He decided to get in the house first and maybe, just maybe something will come to him when the time is right. He knocked on the door in front of him.

"It’s you? Why are you still here?" Yunho asked while narrowing down one of his eyes.

"Oh I just remembered that my sister is holding some party at home today. She said that i can’t be back before it ends and I got nowhere to go. So I thought I can stall for time at your place. But it’s okay if you mind. Cause I totally understand it you know." the whole while Jae was fidgeting around with his hands in his jean's pocket.

"It’s alright. Come on in" Yunho said and turned his head around, walking into his apartment while leaving the door ajar for Jae. Jae took a step in and sighed. "Step 1 completed" he thought to himself. Now he just needs to stay normal and get comfortable so that it will not arise any suspicion.

“Remember to close the door. I will go get a drink for you. Get comfortable.” Yunho said with his back still facing Jae while heading towards the kitchen. Although they have been friends for a long time, it was actually first time that Jae had step into the house after what happened 4 years ago. After since that accident had happen, Yunho did not allow anyone to enter this apartment. Jae didn’t know the underlying reason and he respected the fact that Yunho needed his space alone since his only kin has passed away. He lived with his granny since young. Yunho had never once mentioned anything in regards to his parents to Jae since he did not find the need to and his memories of them are vague. There weren’t any major changes to his apartment, the tables and cupboards are still at the same position, the pictures of Yunho and his granny are still there on the counter-top. Jae took one of the photo frame closer to him, it was when Yunho entered the school that he is attending now. Both of them have bright smiles plastered on their faces. It was a long time since I’ve since Yunho smiling like this. Jae sighed to his thought when Yunho called for him.

“Your drink is on the table.”

“Okay thanks. What are you doing now?”

“Nothing much. Just laying down and listening to some music.”

“Carry on with what you are doing then. I will just read my book.”

“alright.” Yunho lay down on his mattress (ondol) and plucked in his earphones. He shifted towards his left so that there is enough space for Jae on his right. He patted his hand on his right to signal jae to fill up the empty spot beside him. Jae grabbed his book from his bag and took a sit beside Yunho. He opened his book to the first unread page and glance over to the body beside him; the body that belonged to someone who is dearly precious to him. But this person was no longer the person that he knew. The person that used to be optimistic and energetic wasn’t there anymore; it was filled with sadness and grieves. Now this person is only a capsule without a toy in it, a pill without the medical content in it, a camera with a battery or film in it, a body without a happy heart in it. Jae wanted to put the toy in, fill the medical content in, replace the battery and film in and most of all, and bring the happiness in. He knew he had to do something. Soon, his head felt heavy and he needed to lie down so that the heaviness will go away. He covered his face with the book over him as he slowly relaxes his mind. His mind is filled with memories that he had spent with Yunho, the past Yunho. They are playing by itself, skipping from scenes to scenes where they both had shared quality time together. But the streaming of the scenes were paused as if there was a lost of connection when Jae felt warmth on his stomach. He lifted his book slightly up, with the edge of the book still touching his forehead. His eyes were shot wide open when he discovered that the warmth was emitting from Yunho’s left arm. He titled his head slightly to his left to notice that yunho’s face is actually inches away from him. He must be asleep now. Jae brushed Yunho’s fringe that was covering his eyes. He craved for the smile to be plastered on the face right in front of him. He leaned in and kissed Yunho’s forehead. Yunho moved closer to Jae’s body, towards the warmth. Jae was delighted that he can share this special moment with Yunho, but he was more elated to see that he was fast asleep. Let me be your sleeping pill. You will not die for consuming me, but I will die if you continue being how you are now. I want you to heal from the pain and grieves that you are holding on now. Throw them away or pass them to me. I am more than willingly to accept it if it will exchange happiness for you, Yunho. With that, he kissed his forehead again and lowered his book so that it will cover the fact that he is tearing up.

In the mind of Yunho:

My mind is relaxed. I guess I am asleep now, finally. A smile formed on my lips as I felt lighter. Something on my left felt comfortable and it drawn me in. I want to know what that is. I moved closer to the source of the comfort and I was right, it was warmth and I felt something else. I do not know how to explain this but the feeling of it makes me happy and relaxing. I love this moment right now, here. Everything is bright and warm. Just then, I hear a steady beating soon. It was a smooth rhythm and it seems like my heartbeat has sync together with the rhythm. It was peaceful and clear. I hope this is going no-where; because I want it to be always now-here.


notes: okay guys. how is it? tell me how u feel! cos i got a idea of a one-shot. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment